Thursday 26 July 2012

BE CONTENT 1

"Be thankful for what you have;You will end up having more.If you concentrate on what you don't have,you will never,never have enough" 
Oprah Winfrey


Contentment is a word that has been misunderstood.
when something happens to you,you are told to take it as Gods will and do nothing about your life.
We confuse being content to mean,do nothing about your present circumstance,accept things the way they are,its your cross,so carry it.
Contentment in my opinion means,to be satisfied in your present state,while you press on with your life.That means don't get carried away with your problems,be thankful about the things you have.
A lot of times,and this is the problem most of us have,we spend time worrying about what we don't have that we should,and forget what we have.You look at what others have that you want.This is the reason why people spend so much time trying to get too much and then loose the important things in life.I have been there,when a man, in trying to satisfy his family,eventually looses his family.
To be content doesn't mean,just accept it the way it is and do nothing about it.Very wrong,of course,accept that,this is where i am but make efforts to get better,while you are thankful for where you are.
You don't have a job,you sit at home and say i am content,thinking magic will happen,no.Go out there and drop your application and be positive,expecting its only gonna get better.
Don't walk out just yet on that job,because you don't get good pay,be content,be thankful,(think about the time you didn't have a job) while you take steps to get another.
I have seen folks who walk out on their present jobs,when they don't yet have another,that isn't smart and its not faith either.
Contentment is appreciating where you are on your way to where you dream to be.If you don't appreciate where you are and learn all you got to learn,you will never get to where you dream to be,even if you get there you wont be there for long.
Sometimes God allows us to be in very uncomfortable situations,don't rush out, be patient and learn all you got to learn.He is a God of Process and Principle,he is concerned about building character in you,so you can become a better person.
Jeremiah Burrough author of the rare jewel of christian contentment,defines contentment as the "Sweet inward,quiet gracious frame of spirit which freely submits to and delights in Gods wise and fatherly disposal in every condition,he reflects on trusting God in all circumstances"
Paul in his letter to the Philippians puts it better according to the amplified Bible version; Philippians 4:11-13;

11  Not that I am implying that I was in any personal want, for I have learned how to be content (satisfied to the point where I am not disturbed or disquieted) in whatever state I am.12  I know how to be abased  and  live humbly in straitened 
circumstances, and I know also how to enjoy plenty  and  live in abundance. I have learned in any and all circumstances the secret of facing every situation, whether well-fed or going hungry, having a sufficiency  and  enough to spare or going without  and  being in want.13  I have strength for all things in Christ Who empowers 
me [I am ready for anything and equal to anything through Him Who infuses inner strength into me; I am self-sufficient in Christ’s sufficiency].
Paul here said,i have learned contentment;this tells you that you learn contentment,so its not a gift that you just receive from the Holy spirit,you deliberately learn,you discipline yourself to focus on what makes you content.
The amplified defines the word in a beautiful way "Satisfied to the point where i am not disturbed or disquieted" isn't that beautiful?
We worry so much about the things we don't have that we ought to have,but you can develop contentment and be at a state of satisfaction when others are running up and down hustling and you are at peace.
"When they say there is a casting down,you declare there is a lifting up."
Contentment is not an assumption that you have everything,no!you still have wants unmet but you decide to be glad and not disturbed.
We sometimes find ourselves in very bad situations like brother Paul,who had experience both good and bad times,i have learned to be content,when i have and when i don,t have.
Good and bad situations.I have seen folks who used to have plenty but suddenly a storm comes that takes away all they have,then they commit suicide because they can face it anymore.
Life will not always give you what you deserve,whatever situation you find yourself,be content,be glad,don't take your life because if you can manage the bad situation,it will get better soon.
i always tell people,the problem is not your problem but how you handle the problem,your attitude in that bad situation will determine how soon you get out of it.
I love Paul,he doesn't just leave us without an explanation,sometimes when you rejoice in bad situation people wonder why,Paul had to tell the secrete for this attitude,he said "I have strength for all things through Christ who empowers me"
The reason for my contentment is because my faith and hope is on Christ who strengthens me,he empowers me,he is the reason i still stand in the midst of the storm he is the reason i smile when i am broke,he is the reason i hope for the future "Christ in me the hope for glory."
The amplified further explains "I am ready for anything and equal to anything through Him Who infuses inner strength into me; I am self-sufficient in Christ’s sufficiency."
Bear with me,if i say hallelujah;say that to yourself right now,"I am ready for anything and equal to anything through him who infuses iiner strength into me;i am self-sufficient in christs sufficiency".
You need to say this when you go to sleep and in your sleep and when you wake up,you need to print this and hang it on the walls of your hour.
"I am ready for anything and equal to anything through Christ who infuses inner strength into me,i am self-sufficient in Christ sufficiency"
 People of this world teaches that contentment is been self sufficient in your self,but our sufficiency is not enough until its in Christ sufficiency.
How can i do that? through the expression of your faith."In Him we live and move and have our being."He is the one that constantly infuses,that is a present continuous tense,that means,its a continued thing as far as your sufficiency is in Christ.
When you are weak and feel like giving up,he infuses your inner man with strength and you know he is a source that never runs dry,when you are broke,he gives you strength and you say to yourself,I am rich in Christ,when you feel sick,he infuses you again and you say,"By his stripes i was healed"He is our sufficiency.
Sufficiency means "A quality or state of being sufficient;An adequate amount or quantity" in other words,when you say you are sufficient in Christ sufficiency,it means in Christ we are adequately provided for,in Christ we have complete supply.
That's why Paul said "And my God shall supply all your need according to his riches in Christ Jesus."
 The supply is from His riches in Christ Jesus,so if you are in Christ,you are adequately supplied for.
That makes us ready for anything and equal to anything,not because of our sufficiency but Christ sufficiency.
I am ready for anything and equal to anything through him who infuses inner strength into me;i am sufficient in Christ sufficiency.


Watch out for the continuation in my next post.

No comments:

Post a Comment